Our project „THE DANUBE, OUR LIFELINE, CONNECTING PEOPLE“ is a study of the river Danube, its impact and its historical background.
Although the project language is English, our students should get an idea of Danube related words in the languages of the participating countries. Thus our students will gain clearer understanding for the different cultures and lifestyles in our European Community.
Students work together on various aspects of the river:
- the Danube, one of the most important route of transportation in Europe
- flora and fauna, in and along the river
- hydro power plants, the most important electricity producers in Austria
- the Roman Limes and the historical development of our towns
We expect our students to:
- indicate interest in culture, language, nature and life of other Danubian countries
- develop transnational relationships with our neighbours
- reduce their prejudices towards other cultures
- raise awareness and understanding about racism especially about minorities
- make new European friends
- specify the focus on the role of the Danube as our lifeline seen through different aspects
- improve their knowledge of foreign languages
- expand their European consciousness
This project has been funded with Support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the Information contained therein.